Monday, January 14, 2013

Wrong Side Doors--Again

This post has been altered. The poster of the above tweet wanted their name removed.  I have replaced with a screen shot.

More from Sarah:
Friday evening,  I was riding the Green Line train to Greenbelt, when at 7:15 p.m. at L'Enfant Plaza the door nearest me (the back of train car 1285) opened on the wrong (left) side.

 I'm fairly confident that all doors on the train opened on the wrong side.

A young woman in my car of the train almost exited out of the incorrectly open door - a disastrous situation waiting to happen.

The operator must have realized the error (we certainly had some yelling in my car); the doors were closed, we held for a minute or two, and the doors were finally opened on the correct (right) side.

I wanted to share this experience with you because not only is this a major safety issue, but I simply don't like the fact that Metro put its customers in a potentially hazardous situation.
Related:
The wrong kind of openness
April Fools arrives early
Doors open on moving train

Other items:
Metro continues hiring boom (Examiner)
Metro discloses some Red Line crash payouts (WaPo)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter